I love Pineapple Upside Down Cake. In fact, I am pretty sure my whole family loves it! I usually just buy the kind that comes in a box by Betty Crocker, and it turns out well. Today I decided to try it from scratch and it's even better! :)
Here's my recipe:
1 can of Pineapple Rings
1/2 c. Brown Sugar
2 Tbsp. Butter/Margarine
1 c. Flour
1/2 c. Sugar
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Vanilla
1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 c. Skim Milk
2 Tbsp. Pineapple Juice (reserved from can)
1. Drain can of Pineapple rings into a cup. (To save the juice for later.) Preheat Oven to 375 degrees.
2. Melt Butter in microwave, then pour it in the bottom of a 9x9 square baking dish.
3. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly on top of the butter.
4. Then place Pineapple rings on top of the butter/sugar. Try not to overlap.
5. Now, in a large mixing bowl combine the flour, sugar, salt, vanilla, baking powder, milk, egg and 2 Tbsp. juice.
6. When that is combined well, gently pour the batter over the rings in the baking dish.
7. After the oven is preheated, place the baking dish in the oven for 30 minutes. (Or until it is golden brown.)
8. Once it is finished baking, immediately flip it onto a serving dish. *Be careful it will be HOT!
9. Best when served immediately! Enjoy!
From my kitchen to yours!