Veggie Spring Rolls:
2 lb. Head of Cabbage, finely chopped
1 c. Carrots, shredded
2 c. rice vermicelli, cooked (You can find these at local asian markets and they are very reasonably priced.)
1 Tbsp. Ginger, Fresh and finely chopped
1 Tbsp. Garlic, Fresh and finely chopped
2 Tbsp. Rice Cooking Wine
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil (I use Extra Virgin OL.)
1 pkg. Egg Roll Wrappers (Available in the produce section of Wal-mart for $2.78)
1. In a large pan saute the Cooking Wine, Olive Oil, Garlic and Ginger.
2. Add cabbage, stir, turn the burner to med-low and cover for 5 minutes.
3. Add carrots and vermicelli to the pan and stir.
4. Cook about 5 minutes on medium.
5. Take pan off heat and let cool for a few minutes.
Now we are on to the fun assembly part! :)
1. Take the wrappers out of the package and get a cutting board to work on.
2. Place one wrapper on the cutting board diagonally pointing towards you.
5. Now roll it up starting with the far corner. Try to do it tightly, but don't pull too hard because you'll break the delicate dough! :)
7. You are well on your way to becoming a pro now! Just do that with the other 19 of them! They should look something like this above.
8. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with a thin layer of cooking spray.
9. Then place your spring rolls on the baking sheet. They can be quite close because they won't really change in shape. Lightly, I mean very lightly, spritz them with cooking spray. (Just so they will be somewhat "oven fried" and more authentic. It's still WAY better than having to actually fry them. They turn out really well this way too...)
10. Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for about 17 minutes! They'll turn out something like this! :)
Enjoy! From my table to yours! :)