Here's my recipe:
1 package active dry yeast
3/4 c. warm water
1 c. All Purpose Flour
1 c. Whole Wheat Flour
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Sugar (or Honey)
Olive oil to brush on crust
Your favorite sauce (I used Barilla's Tomato and Basil)
1.5 c. Italian Cheese Mix (or Mozzarella)
(Really, any toppings of your choice here!)
1. Start by adding the yeast to the warm water and stir.
2. Mix in the rest of the ingredients into the yeast mixture.
3. Once well combined, let rise for 30 minutes.
4. Punch down, turn and let rise another 30 minutes.
5. After the dough is done with the second rise, place it on a pizza pan evenly spreading it to the edges. (I used one with wholes in it so it is nice and crisp on the bottom.)
6. Spread the sauce, cheese and toppings on top of the dough.
7. Go around the edge of the crust and brush with the Olive Oil.
8. Bake in a 400degree oven for about 20minutes. (Or until done)
If you see my picture above you may wonder why the pepperoni isn't all over the pizza. That is because I just wanted Mushroom on my pieces. :)