1.5 lbs. Roma Tomatoes, diced
1 medium Onion, diced
1 c. Carrot, shredded
2 Tbsp. Garlic, finely chopped
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil (Extra Virgin)
2 Tbsp. Tomato Paste
1 tsp. Basil
1. Saute the garlic and onion in the olive oil until onion is slightly transparent.
2. Add tomatoes, carrots, paste and basil to the pot and stir.
3. Cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Turn the heat to medium low, cover and cook for another 30 minutes.
5. Add meatballs if you'd like and serve on your favorite pasta. (I recommend whole grain pasta.)