Ok, today I just had to buy some more ground turkey because it went over so well last week! This time I was at Wal-mart and bought the kind in 1 lb. tube that comes frozen. It was only $1.92 so I bought a couple. (That's the regular price which is quite a steal...)
I don't know about you but I typically don't buy the tubes of meat because they are a pain to use. Anyway, I have come up with this system and my husband thought it worked so well that I should share it with all of you. So here it goes . . .
These are instructions for when you are ready to use the meat out of the tube and didn't have time to defrost it in the fridge.
1. Take the tube out of the freezer and place it on a microwave safe plate. Then place the plate with tube into the microwave for 45 sec. WARNING: I really cannot recommend putting the tubes with metal in the microwave because of spark/fire danger. I also cannot control what you do, so that said please BE CAREFUL! Always watch the contents of the microwave to see how it is all doing.
2. Take the plate/tube out of the microwave and place on the counter. Grab a sharp knife and slit the tube from end to end. Then set the knife down and carefully pull the frozen turkey (or beef) out of the tube package. Viola! It's out and way easier than other alternatives...
3. Place the turkey back on the plate and place back in the microwave for 1 minute. (Discard the package.)
4. Take the plate out of the microwave and with a spoon scrape off the thawed meat and put into mixing bowl. (The mixing bowl does not go into the microwave, it sits on the counter.)
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until the meat it completely thawed and in the bowl.
6. Prepare the meat as you wish, whether it is meatballs, meatloaf, tacos or a new creation!
Enjoy and I hope these instructions were useful! :)