I started with my pizza dough, and then added a little less flour. So here's the ingredients for my first foccacia bread:
1 package active dry yeast
3/4 c. warm water
1-3/4 c. All Purpose Flour
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Sugar
Olive Oil to brush on top
Herbs for top
Optional Parmesan cheese for top
1. In a medium bowl combine the warm water and yeast.
2. Add flour, olive oil, salt and sugar to the yeast mixture.
3. Let rise in a warm place for about 45 minutes.
4. Take out the fluffy dough and spread onto a baking sheet. (Spread to your desired thickness.)
5. With a fork poke holes in the dough so bubbles don't form during baking.
6. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle herbs and cheese. (I used 1/2 t. Thyme and 2 T. Parmesan Cheese.)
7. Bake for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
It didn't turn out too bad for the first try. :) It tasted really yummy too, which is always my favorite part! ;)