Ok, whether you are a celiac or not, this recipe will indulge your craving for chocolate and not add on the pounds! :)
1 egg, separated
1 oz. chocolate, semisweet works best
1 T. sugar
1. In a medium sized bowl use a hand mixer to fluff up the egg white. Set it to high and run it until it is white and peaks form.
2. Melt the chocolate. (Either in the microwave watching carefully and checking often, or on the stove in a double boiler.)
3. Let chocolate cool some and gradually add the egg yolk into it.
4. Mix the sugar into the chocolate mixture.
5. Now, carefully fold the chocolate mixture ino the egg white. Combine gently, but thoroughly.
6. Transfer the batter into a small dish suitable for baking. (I used a 5" round pyrex glass dish.)
7. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes. Mine took about 17 to cook.
8. Enjoy! Careful it's pretty hot, but completely worth it! And just enough for one! :)
I will try to add a pic the next time I make this...I was too excited to eat it today and scarfed it down before I could capture a pic. ;)