Ok, have you ever heard of Pizza Street? Well, they used to make the BEST, seriously the best pizza rolls ever. The only sad thing is that the last one in Northern Colorado just went out of business. :( Huge sad face. My family and I had eaten those pizza rolls for years and always enjoyed them. But now, we can no longer have their fantastic cuisine. :( I wish I would have known when exaclty they were calling it quits though, because I would have tried to see if they'd give me the recipe. Their dough was out of this world, thin and slightly greasey....but perfect. Then the filling was mostly pepperoni, but just perfectly baked with a great dipping sauce.
Anyway, I think in the coming weeks I will go on a little quest in my kitchen to see if I can come up with something simliar. Those were just too great to never be able to eat again. :)
Without an further adue here's my recipe so far for pizza rolls:
Dough (My pizza dough but only a 1/2 batch)
1/2 package active dry yeast
3/8 c. warm water
1/2 c. All Purpose Flour
1/2 c. Whole Wheat Flour
1.5 t. Olive Oil
1/4 t. Salt
1/2 t. Sugar (or Honey)
1. Combine water and yeast in medium-sized bowl.
2. Add salt, sugar/honey and oil to the yeast water.
3. Gradually add in the flour, making sure that you are thoroughly mixing it.
4. Let rise for 30 minutes.
5. Divide into 3 sections (or more for smaller pizza rolls).
6. Roll out sections of dough into ovals/rectangles.
7. Sprinkle desired fillings inside. (I used 1/4 mozzarella cheese and pepperoni.)
8. Fold and roll them up. (Like a burrito or egg roll.)
9. Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
10. Enjoy! :)