Do you like Chicken Pot Pies? I sure do too! So here's my recipe for a pretty quick and easy way to do a homemade chicken pot pie that won't disappoint. :)
Chicken Pot Pie:
4 Large Potatoes, peeled, cooked and diced
3 c. Veggies (I like to use peas, carrots and green beans. Fresh or frozen are okay.)
1 can Chicken Breast/or 1 lb. or so of cooked chicken, diced up
1.5 c. Milk
2 T. Margarine
2 T. Flour
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Thyme
1 tsp. Pepper
1 T. Onion flakes
1 top pie crust (I always use Better Homes and Gardens recipe for a single pie crust.)
1. In a large pot combine the potatoes, veggies, chicken, milk, salt, thyme, pepper and onion flakes. Heat to boil, then turn to medium and cook for 10 minutes. (Longer if your veggies were frozen.)
2. Add margine and stir till melted and combined.
3. Add flour. Slowly and stirring constantly.
4. Fill Casserole dish with the thickened soup type mixture.
6. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
7. Enjoy! (And be careful it is hot!!)