Cheese and Onion Enchilada Casserole:
~12 corn tortillas
~2 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
Small or Medium Onion, diced
Enchilada sauce (homemade, mix with added water, canned...) :)
Optional: peppers, like jalepenos
1. Get your ingredients...and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Start layering tortillas on the bottom of a square baking dish.
3. Sprinkle about 1/2 of the onions on the tortillas.
4. Then sprinkle about 1/3 of the cheese on the onions.
5. Repeat steps 2, 3 and 4. Then add another layer of tortillas and top with the remaining cheese.
6. Get your sauce ready and pour over the top. (Notice the lone pepper on the top of mine...it was to denote which side I had added some peppers to....so I wouldn't accidentally end up with it!) :)
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. (I baked mine a little closer to 30 and it was getting rather crispy on top...still tasted good, but the 20-25 would work better! :)
Cut and serve! Enjoy! :)