So, I made dinner last night with a lot of my finds from the Farmer's Market on Saturday. :) In fact, everything but the cheeses were things I'd gotten at the Farmer's Market...pretty good huh? I'm trying to be thrifty and eat locally produced things to support our local economy and a healthy lifestyle. So this meal was great for that! My hubby and I both enjoyed it too! Here's the recipe:
Sweet Potato Fettuccine with Zucchini
(I used the Fettuccine that I'd gotten from the farmer's market, but you could substitute any pasta for this.)
8 oz. Sweet Potato Fettuccine
1 large Zucchini, julienned, or thinly sliced
1/4 c. Bell Pepper, chopped (I used red for color, but any color would work!)
2 T. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 c. Water
2 T. Parmesean Cheese, shredded or grated
Shredded Mozzarella Cheese for top
1. Cook fettuccine according to the instructions on the package. Then rinse, and drain.
2. Boil about 2 c. of water on the stove and cook zucchini for about 5 minutes or until tender. Then drain.
3. In a large skillet saute the bell pepper in the olive oil for a few minutes.
4. Add the water, fettucine and zucchini to the skillet and gently stir.
5. Add in the Parmesean cheese just before serving.
6. Once the pasta has been served top with mozzarella cheese.
7. Enjoy! :)
I think I had mentioned the other day that I was excited to try the recipe they included with the sweet potato pasta...well...it turns out I tried that recipe last summer when I got some of this same pasta. It turned out well, and my husband really liked it. But I decided to go a different route this time, and I was really, really pleased with these results! :) Hope you will be too!