Potato-less Chicken Pot Pie:
3 c. Veggies (I like to use peas, carrots and green beans. Fresh or frozen are okay.)
1 lb. Cooked Chicken Breast, diced (Or you can use a large can of chicken breast.)
1.5 c. Milk
2 T. Margarine
2 T. Flour
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Thyme
1 tsp. Pepper
2 T. Onion flakes
1 top pie crust (I always use Better Homes and Gardens recipe for a single pie crust.)
1. In a large pot combine the veggies, chicken, milk, salt, thyme, pepper, and onion flakes. Heat to boil, then turn to medium and cook for 10 minutes. (Longer if your veggies were frozen.)
2. Add margine and stir till melted and combined.
3. Add flour. Slowly and stirring constantly.
4. Fill Casserole dish with the thickened soup type mixture.
5. Cut the top pie crust to fit and place on top.
6. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
7. Enjoy! (And be careful it is hot!!)