This is a perfect treat for Christmas Eve, Day or for a gift! It's also pretty easy to make! I comes out marbled in this easy version, and it's very festive! Enjoy! :)
Three ingredients: Real White Chocolate, Peppermint candies and Quality Dark Chocolate!
1. In a double boiler melt about 4 oz. of dark chocolate. (Simple double boiler=metal bowl (or pan) over a pot with 1" of boiling water. Don't let the bowl/pan touch the water below.) Don't you just love the look of melted chocolate? I do...
2. Turn a cookie sheet upside down, put a layer of foil or waxed paper and lightly grease with butter. (Like so...)
3. Once the chocolate is melted and smooth, pour it carefully on the prepared cookie sheet. Smooth it down into a thin layer (and rectangle) with a frosting spatula. Like so...
4. Place the chocolate in the fridge for about 10 minutes to set.
5. Melt about 4 oz. of white chocolate in the double boiler.
6. Crush peppermint candy. (I unwrapped mine, placed them in a ziploc bag and hit it with the handle of a large spatula until crushed.)
7. With a clean frosting spatula smear the white chocolate over the chocolate layer. This will result in a marbling effect like below. While white chocolate is still warm and melty, sprinkle your desired amount of crushed peppermint candies on top.
8. Place in the fridge overnight (or at least 5 hours).
9. Take the bark out of the fridge, and place it on a cutting board. (With or without foil/waxed paper.)
10. Start cutting the bark into pieces. I started like this above....
...and ended up with something like this. :)
Yum. Yum. Yum.
Stick into baggies, gift bags or jars when giving for gifts! :)
Have fun and happy melting! :)