Double Chocolate Biscotti
3 eggs (or equivalent egg substitute)
1 c. Sugar
1/2 c. Butter or Shortening
1 t. Vanilla
1 t. Baking Powder
1/2 t. Baking Soda
1/4 c. cocoa (or more if desired)
3 c. Flour
1/4 choc chips (or more if desired)
1/2 c. Almonds, or other nuts Optional
1. Preheat the oven to 350degrees. Cream together eggs, sugar and butter.
2. Mix in vanilla, baking powder, baking soda and cocoa.
3. Slowly mix in flour until well blended.
4. Add chocolate chips and optional almonds and just mix until combined.
5. Line a baking sheet with parchment or foil. Then shape dough into one or two long logs. Flatten to about 3/4"-1" thick like so.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. They'll look like this after 20 minutes. (Below)
7. Once they are cool enough to touch, one by one place on a cutting board and cut into 1" pieces. (Cut them on the bias for a slightly bigger and much pretty biscotti!)
8. Place each piece back on the baking sheet like so, and bake for another 10 minutes on each side.
Cool on cooling rack, store in airtight container and serve with coffee, tea, hot cocoa or by themselves! :)