Christmas Bread Wreath:
1 pkg Yeast
1/4 c. Warm Water
1 c. Milk
1/4 c. Sugar
2 T. Oil
1 t. Salt
~4 c. Flour
2 T. Butter/Marg. Melted
1/4 c. Brown Sugar
1/4 c. Sugar
1-2 t. Cinnamon
1/2 c. Craisins (or raisins)
Icing (either simple powdered sugar icing or melted store-bought frosting)
Sliced Almonds, optional
1. Dissolve yeast in water. Then add yeast solution, milk, sugar, salt, oil and egg to a mixing bowl and combine. Slowly mix in flour. Let rest for about 15 minutes.
2. Knead for 5 minutes and the let rise for about 10 minutes.
3. Punch down and turn out onto a bread board. Roll out dough into a rectangle like so. Then spread melted butter, sugars, cinnamon and craisins over dough like so.
4. Roll up the dough like a cinnamon roll log. Then carefully transfer to a grease baking sheet placing the seam side down, and making into a circle.
5. Once you have the circle of dough on the baking sheet pinch the ends together to make a true circle. With a sharp knife cut slits on the inside of the circle like so. Then make the cuts around the outside of the circle like so. Finally spread the circle (stretch it) out like so.
6. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 15 minutes. Then remove and brush on egg wash. Then bake for another 15 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Take the wreath out of the oven and wait until it is at least somewhat cool to put the icing on it! Then just drizzle the powdered sugar icing or melted store-bought white frosting. (Just put store-bought frosting on a bowl and microwave it for about 30 seconds and stir.) Then sprinkle on the sliced almonds if desired.
Enjoy! Just slice and serve! :) Yum!
Don't be too alarmed when you take the wreath out of the oven to find some sugar has liquified and leaked out. It will still taste great, trust me! :) (Refer to pic for example.)