Cheddar Biscuits-Makes about 12
1-1/2 c. Flour
1/2 t. Baking Soda
1 t. Baking Powder
1/4 t. Salt
2 T. Shortening (or butter)
1/2 to 3/4 c. Milk
3/4 c. Cheddar cheese, finely shredded
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. With a pastry blender mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and shortening together.
2. Stir in milk until moist dough is formed. (I only needed 1/2 c. but dryer climates will need closer to 3/4 c.)
3. Mix in cheese until well combined.
4. Either drop by spoonfuls or roll out (using additional flour and biscuit cutter) and place on a greased (lined) baking sheet.
5. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.