Lentil Soup...so I went with a tradition style. Check out the recipe below. :)
Also, have you heard that I'll be doing another giveaway soon?!?!? As soon as A Delicious Melody gets 100 total fans (from facebook, twitter and blogger) I'll do the giveaway! Right now I have 86 fans!! So share ADM with your friends and fam! You all are going to L.O.V.E. what I got donated to giveaway!!! I just know it! :) Happy cooking and thanks for all you do! I love you, my readers!
1 c. Dried Lentils (red or green work, I used green)
4 c. Broth (Beef, Chicken or Vegetable)*
1 T. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Medium Onion, diced
3 Carrots, diced
3 Stalks Celery, diced
1/2 t. Lemon Juice
Salt/Pepper to Taste
1. In a medium to large pot bring broth to a boil.
2. Add Lentils to boiling broth and boil for ~20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, saute onion in the olive oil until transparent.
4. Turn down the heat for the lentil pot and add in sauted onions, carrots, celery and lemon juice.
5. Continue to simmer soup for at least 1 hour and up to 3 hours. Add salt and/or pepper to taste.
6. Serve and enjoy! :)
*If you'd like a thicker lentil soup reduce water to 2 c.