"I would do anything for love, but I won't do that." ~Meat Loaf
This may come as a shock to my readers, but one of my favorite foods in the entire world is meatloaf. Specifically my Mom's meatloaf. :) It's just fantastic. The texture is perfect, the flavors are great and the glaze is what makes it completely to.die.for! So, when I was asked recently for a meatloaf recipe, I had to check with my Mom first before posting her recipe. Of course she said I could, so here it is!! Enjoy!!! :) I'll add pics when I make it next, k? :)
My Mom's Meatloaf
1.5 lbs. Ground Beef
1/2 c. Cracker Crumbs
2 Eggs, beaten
1 - 8oz. Can of Tomato Sauce
1/4 c. Onion, chopped
2 T. Red Bell Pepper, chopped
1 t. Salt
Dash of Thyme
Dash of Marjoram
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine all ingredients and mix well.
3. Shape into a loaf and place in a 12 x 7.5 x 2 inch baking dish. (Or larger)
4. Bake at 350 degrees for about 1.5 hours.
5. After baking 1 hour, glaze meatloaf with a mixture of 1 T. Corn Syrup and 2 T. Ketchup. Bake an additional 15 or so minutes. (5 could be optional, but if you ask me, it's the best step!) :)