If you made the banana fritters from yesterday's post, you may have leftover batter that would be great for these too!
Funnel Cake Batter:
1/2 c. Flour
2 T. Sugar (Granulated or Confectioners)
3-4 T. Water
Sugar for dusting
Oil for frying
1. Start by heating the oil in a small sauce pan. You only need about 1/2" oil in the bottom of the pan.
2. Whisk together the egg, flour, sugar and water until well combined.
3. Once the oil is hot, you can test it with a spoonful of batter. Notice how quickly it cooks it and flip over.
4. To make the funnel cakes, just drizzle about 2 T. of batter into the hot oil. Once the bottom is cooked (it will be quick!) flip over so the other side can cook.
5. Remove from the pan and set on a plate covered with paper towels. Like so.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 until the batter is gone. You can get creative with shapes of the funnel cakes too!
7. Dust with sugar and serve!