Peppers in Blankets:
Crescent Rolls (Pillsbury refrigerator rolls)
8 Peppers, small varieties such as banana peppers or jalepenos, (
Even though I only have 4 pictured.)
~ 4 oz. Cheddar Cheese, cut into .5 oz strips
1. Pre-heat oven to be ready to broil the peppers. Then broil the peppers for a few minutes on each side, until they are pretty well blackened. (As seen below.)
2. Then insert one pepper at a time into a bowl with ice water and peel the peppers. The ice water helped cool them and make it easier to peal off the blackened skins.
3. Once all the peppers are peeled start stuffing with the cheese. Cut along one side and insert the cheese. It's ok if it splits open...
4. Roll up each stuffed pepper in one triangle of crescent dough. (As pictured below.)
5. Once all the peppers are rolled up, place on a baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes or until golden.
6. Serve while hot and enjoy! :)
Yields 8 Peppers in Blankets!