Eggplant Parmesan. I suppose it's something you either A. love or B. hate. I am one that falls under A, and completely, utterly and absolutely LOVE it! :) But I don't really like that it's fried typically....so here's a healthier recipe for it! :) And it still tastes delicious!!
Eggplant, sliced (about 1/4 inch thick slices)
Breading: (mix together)
3/4 c. bread crumbs (I prefer Italian style but you could definitely use plain)
1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
Egg wash: (mix together)
1 egg white
2 T. water
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Start with your slices. It's okay if they aren't all perfect. As you can tell, mine weren't. :)
2. Take a slice of eggplant and coat each side with the egg wash.
3. Once the eggplant has egg on it, coat it with the breading on each side. (Above and below pics)
4. Place the first eggplant Parmesan on a baking sheet that was prepped with baking spray.
Then repeat steps 2 and 3 for the other slices.
5. Once your baking sheet is full (like so) bake for 10 minutes on each side. (or until golden!)
Then you can serve along with spaghetti or just by itself! They will be crispy on the outside and perfectly tender on the inside. Enjoy! :)