Last year around Thanksgiving my Mom found a recipe for me to try. It was a Cranberry Chutney by Paula Deen. I made it and took it to Thanksgiving. I really enjoyed it and it went over well with others too! I suppose it's not that hard with anything cranberry sauce related though right? I mean, how can you go wrong with a sweet yet sour sauce you can slather on anything on your plate that has been piled high with yummy food?!?! :)
Anyway, I can't find that recipe anywhere...which is weird. I can't even find the one I want online. So.... I decided to just make my own cranberry sauce. The only thing I remember really liking about how it was different was the fact that it had coriander in it! Yum!
So here's my newest recipe and maybe favorite way to have cranberry sauce! :) Oh and it's still super easy like regular cranberry sauce too!
Apricot Cranberry Sauce:
1 bag of Cranberries
1 c. Water
1 c. Apricot Jam or Preserves
1 T. Coriander seeds
1 t. Lemon Juice
1. Put the water and apricot jam in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
2. Add the cranberries and coriander seeds to the boiling water/jam mixture.
3. Boil the sauce for 10 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and stir in the lemon juice.
5. Pour into bowl/dish and let cool before refrigerating.
Enjoy with your Thanksgiving dinner or with Turkey, Chicken or anything else you can think of in the meantime! :)