So, I don't know if you've ever had those skillet meals out of the freezer section? I don't know all the names of the brands, but I know Voila by Birdseye is one of them and PF Chang's now does some too. The idea is so nice, right? A (somewhat) balanced meal ready in a bout 10 minutes in your kitchen in one pan. Sounds good to me. The only I'm not a huge fan is the price tag and not being able to control the sodium/fat in the meal. So, here's a meal you can make and then freeze in portions (or make a double batch to freeze). This is also a pretty quick and yummy meal too. From start to finish it took me less than 30 minutes tonight to whip it up. : )
Chicken Alfredo (with veggies)
2 Boneless Skinless Chicken breasts
3 T. Butter
4 T. Flour
1 c. Milk
Pasta (your choice)
Optional 1-2 c. Veggies (fresh or frozen)
1. Start boiling water for your pasta.
2. Trim and cut up chicken into little bite-size pieces.
3. Work on pasta, and start sauteing chicken in 1 T. of butter.
4. Continue to cook chicken until it is no longer pink. Then add the rest of the butter and flour. Stir.
5. Stir in the milk and add some salt/pepper. Bring to a boil.
6. Drain pasta when it's done. Set aside.
7. Add veggies to the pan with chicken alfredo if desired. Turn down to medium, cook for about 5 minutes and stir occasionally.
8. Serve over pasta and enjoy! :)