Easy Fajitas at home (serves 4)
2 Chicken Breasts
1 Sweet Bell Pepper, sliced (I used yellow, but red, orange or green work too)
1 Onion, sliced
1 T. Oil
Fajita sized tortillas, or any size you want!
Pico or Corn Salsa
|Clockwise from top left: Chicken, Onions and Peppers; Plate of garnishing |
goodies; tortillas ready to go; starting to assemble; and ready to eat!
1. Cook the chicken until there is no pink. Set aside. (While chicken is cooking you can prepare a plate with the sour cream, cheese, pico, etc...)
2. In a large skillet saute the onions in the oil until they start to caramelize.
3. Add in peppers and continue to saute until they are slightly caramelized or to your liking.
4. Slice cooked chicken and add into skillet. Top with fresh ground pepper. Remove from heat.
5. Serve immediately and enjoy!
If you have any chicken and/or onions and peppers left you can use them for these yummy quesadillas. :)