1 T. Dry Active Yeast
1 c. plus 2 T. Milk, lukewarm
1/2 c. Water, lukewarm
1 T. Honey
1 t. Oil (olive or other)
1 t. Salt (1 t. kosher, or 1/2 t. regular)
3.5 c. Flour (I used 1/2 Whole Wheat and 1/2 All Purpose)
1. In a large bowl mix together the yeast, milk, water and honey.
2. Let sit until nice and frothy and about 30 minutes have passed.
3. Stir in salt, oil and one cup of flour until really well combined.
4. Add in the rest of the flour one cup or so at a time. You'll have to knead in the last 1/2-1 c. :) Don't fret, that's the only kneading you have to do with this bread! Hooray! :)
5. Spray/grease a bread pan.
6. Shape dough into a "loaf" and place into prepared pan.
7. Place pan in a warm area of your house until the bread rises to your desired height or ~30 minutes.
8. Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 375 degrees (or 350 for high altitude).
9. Bake bread for 25-30 minutes or until golden on top! (You could do an egg wash if you'd like a shiny darker golden top.)
10. Remove from pan immediately and place on cooling rack.
11. Cut a slice and enjoy! I think there's just about nothing better than fresh out of the oven bread! :)
I could have let it rise longer, but I like my bread to be able to fit in my toaster! Don't you? :)
Have y'all ever had the "Honey Roasted Peanut Butter" from Whole Foods? It's amazing. It's made me love peanut butter again. Especially on homemade bread....Yum. In fact. I'm gonna go eat another! :)