Sweet N Hot Pepper Jelly (adapted from SureJell Hot Pepper Jelly recipe)
1 c. finely chopped, Hot Red Peppers (Red Jalapenos or Serranos)
3 c. finely chopped, Sweet Peppers (Red, Orange or Yellow Bell Peppers, etc...)
1 c. Apple Cider Vinegar
1 box SureJell (or other brand) Fruit Pectin for canning
1 t. Butter/Margarine
5 c. Sugar
Sterilized canning jars, rings and lids. (See this page for more info.)
These are the cute little sweet peppers I used. I got them in a bag and there were just perfectly 3 c. of them once I chopped them up!
1. Get all of your ingredients measured and ready to go.
2. Place finely chopped peppers all in a large pot. Add in vinegar and pectin. Stir together and bring to a boil.
3. Once it come to a boil, stir in the sugar and keep stirring until it boils again. Add in butter/marg. to help manage the froth level from the boiling. (rolling boil see this page for more info) Let it stay at a rolling boil for 1 minute.
4. Then remove from heat and place into prepared canning jars. Fill the jars to about 1/8" from the top, wipe and place lids and rings on them.
5. Process in a water bath for 10 minutes at sea level or refer to this chart for other elevations.
6. Place on cooling rack until cool. Then store in pantry (or give as gifts).
|Here's a favorite way in my house to eat Pepper Jelly. Layer Cream Cheese and Pepper Jelly and spread on crackers! Yum!|
|Ready to store, eat or give! :)|